Thursday 14 March 2024

Movie review

 The movie Barbie directed by Greta agreeing does the work of putting their theory into practice. This absorbing and ultimately shattering portrayal of a beautiful young woman who sees her perfect world becoming a realistic one couldn’t be more timely. Barbie is a socially committed filmmaking at its finest. The genius of Greta Gerwing is rippling out every elements to help women realise through Ken’s behaviour, that we are still living in a patriarchal society and that if we don’t take a stand for our independence, our own world, our human rights then we will never reach an equal society. The brilliant film depicts the sad reality of what a woman needs to embody to fit in the society, which is perfection. If I had to sum up the film I would say: galvanizing. If Barbie thought me something it’s to be myself, fight for my dreams and never give up for no men because the patriarchal society needs to come to an end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment