Tuesday 26 January 2016

How I survived (or not) living 24/48h without any e-devices.

                          
Last week-end, we were supposed to live between 24 and 48 hours without any e-devices. My experience is more about how I completely failed rather than about how I succeded.

I started on friday morning at 8 o'clock just when school started actually. And I needed to use my phone in the evening. So basically I lasted around 12 hours, it's terrible I know. But it technically was not my fault, I needed to help my dad who hadn't grown up with all this new technology like us. He is not used to browsing the internet or anything like that.

It was really hard not being able to text my friends in order to hang out, or even to listen to music. It was even harder when I came home after school and saw my family watching a movie together. I wanted to join them badly but I couldn't, so instead I went to my room and read a book. I felt bored out of my mind so I admit when my dad asked for help I took the first opportunity to use my e-devices again.
And this is how I could barely survived without any e-devices. Trust me it's harder than it looks, you all think you can go one week without those devices? Be my guest, go ahead ! You will learn the same lesson as I did. Thanks to those new devices everything is handed to us we don't need to do anything anymore that's why we quickly feel bored. We also have the impression to be social butterflies via social media but the truth is when we are alone facing our screens in our bedrooms we are not sharing anything with anyone.

To put everything in a nutshell, as long as we are aware of how we are using our e-devices it's fine. But it becomes dangerous when you start living in your own world, and the internet becomes more important than real life. And this is probably what is awaiting us in the near future. But is there a way to prevent it?
Louisa INCHAURRAGA TLVA

No comments:

Post a Comment